Kinnows are a hybrid variety of two kinds of citrus cultivars – King (Citrus nobilis) and Willow Leaf (Citrus x deliciosa). This vibrant orange fruit is cultivated extensively in the northern state of Punjab and is popularly eaten during the winter season. This kinnow juice is loaded with several health benefits and can easily be prepared at home within minutes. The best part is that this juice has no added sugar. Check out the recipe below:
What Are The Benefits Of Kinnow Juice?
Kinnow is an excellent source of vitamin C and is considered to be one of the best sources of energy. It is also densely packed with antioxidants which help in keeping our body safe from common viral infections during the winter season. Not only this, kinnows are rich in calcium and if consumed regularly, could make your bones stronger.
Kinnow Juice Recipe: How To Make Kinnow Juice
- To begin with, first we need to peel the kinnows (Let the white peels stay intact and remove only the outer orange skin.)
- Now, pop them in a mixer or juicer. Blend 3-4 times to extract a juicy pulp from the kinnows. (Make sure the seeds remain intact and do not get mashed into the pulp.)
- Transfer the extracted pulp into a large sieve. Place the sieve on top of a bowl.
- Using a spoon, press the pulp gently to separate the juice and collect it in the bowl.
- Pour this juice into a glass and top it with some black pepper and salt.
- Serve fresh with a cube of ice. Kinnow juice is ready!
For the complete recipe of kinnow juice, click here.
For more such immunity-boosting juice recipes, click here.
So, what are you waiting for? Make this juice at home and let us know how you liked it in the comments section below.
Featured Video Of The Day
Hot Toddy Recipe | How To Make Hot Toddy